Pastor’s Paragraph: A Bi-Weekly Message from Pastor John
November 16, 2020
With this being the last newsletter before Thanksgiving, I want say Happy Thanksgiving to each of you who are part of our “First Family.” This year’s holiday observances will likely be different for many of us due to virus concerns and protocols. Even still, I hope you will take time to express your gratitude to the Lord .The Psalmist reminds us to, “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”
As I think about all we have experienced as Church Family this past year, there are several blessings and benefits I am especially grateful for:
- I am grateful for the health and well-being of our church staff. We have been able to keep our offices open and keep the essential functions of our church going from day one.
- I am grateful for the measured approach we have been able to take in regards to what we are doing and not doing. We have had to be flexible and creative, but we have maintained the major ministries and connection points of our church while looking after the physical well-being our congregation.
- I am grateful we have been able to meet together on Sunday mornings. While none of us like limiting our attendance or having to sit in assigned seats, these steps have enabled us to still gather together in an environment that is much safer.
- I am grateful for the livestream of our Sunday morning service we offer for those who are not able to attend one of the services. While it is not the same worship experience as being present and the technology isn’t perfect; It is a “spiritual lifeline” for so many of our members.
- I am grateful for the efforts of many of our Sunday School classes to stay connected and continue to study God’s Word together. Some are meeting in creative ways to facilitate social distancing while others are still utilizing video platforms.
- I am grateful for the overwhelming spirit of unity, understanding and commitment our church has demonstrated through this season of challenge and uncertainty.
- I am grateful for the financial health and stability of our church. This is enabled by the generosity of our membership and the faithfulness of our God.
Finally, I am grateful to God for the privilege of belonging to and serving with my First Family. I hope you and your family will be mindful of God’s many blessings this Thanksgiving!